Our Community Forums Are Back!
We do not have a Forum every month, so please check our Events calendar to see if one is scheduled.
Letters Sent to Local Officials and Other Entities
Letters to the SB County Board of Supervisors
- June 7, 2021 letter supporting a Workforce Housing Study - discussed at the Board of Supervisors Meeting on June 8, 2021.
6-17-21 Letter to SB County Supervisors on Budget on Workforce Housing Study
- June 7, 2021 letter with recommendations for the Sheriff's Department that would reduce the long term jail population and increase community-based alternatives - discussed the Board of Supervisors Meeting on June 8, 2021.
6-7-20 Letter to SB County Supervisors on Sheriff's Budget
Letters to the Santa Barbara City Council
7-25-22 Letter to SB City Council on Cycle 6 Draft Housing Element
- July 25, 2022 letter to the Mayor and City Council commenting on the draft Cycle 6 Housing Element Update (HEU).
- August 2, 2021 letter to the Mayor and City Council urging them to agree on realistic goals for affordable housing models for all income levels and identify innovative funding avenues.
8-2-21 LWVSB Public Comments on Affordable Housing for SB City Council Meeting
Letters to the Santa Barbara Planning Commission
- February 28, 2023 group letter to the Planning Commission with comments on the Santa Barbara County Draft Housing Element Update.
2-28-23 Group Letter to PC with suggested changes
- September 24, 2021 group letter to the Planning Commission opposing ExxonMobil's proposal to restart three offshore oil platforms and then truck the oil through the county.
9-24-21 Group Letter to PC on ExxonMobil Trucking
- August 3, 2021 letter to the Planning Commission encouraging them to include very low-, low-, and moderate-income residents in their plans for new housing units in the downtown area.
Letters to the Santa Barbara Community College Board of Trustees
- August 5, 2021 letter to the SBCC Governing Board of Trustees noting our support for their resolution requiring all students and employees to be fully vaccinated by October 1, 2021, among other thing, for everyone to wear face masks in indoor settings except when eating or drinking, and to adhere to social distancing in accordance with the recommendations of the CDC.
8-3-21 Letter to SB Planning Commission on the BAE Economic Feasibility Study
Letters to U.C. Santa Barbara
- August 2, 2021 letter to the Principal Planner of UCSB's Munger Residence Hall recommending improvements to the Notice of Preparation and the Amendment to the 2010 Long Term Development Plan.
8-2-21 Letter to UCSB Principal Planner on Munger Residence Hall
Letters to the Santa Barbara Unified School District
- August 5, 2021 letter to SB Unified School District's Board noting our support for their requirement for staff and students to provide proof of vaccination or submit to weekly testing and for unvaccinated staff to obtain vaccination prior to the start of the school year. See the letter posted below for additional requirements being imposed by the Board and recommendations for other factors we urge them to consider.
8-5-21 Letter to SB Unified School District on COVID-19 Immunization Requirements